Anna has joined K&P Law firm since 2010 and is currently a Legal Counsel with the firm. In the business advisory arena, she specializes in cross-border transactions and regulations related to international commerce, particularly with respect to inbound foreign investments. She represents foreign investors and lenders and local companies in a wide range of industries such as project development and structured finance, fund management, energy, retail, etc. She provides legal advice and guidance on regulatory compliance issues, takes part in implementation of corporate compliance programs, due diligence in corporate and finance transactions. She also consults on customs law matters (both exports and imports) including the application of Eurasian Economic Union customs rules.
Prior to joining the firm Anna was working as legal counsel with various European and US legislative and regulatory projects in a variety of sectors in Armenia advising on compliance of Armenian legislation with EU standards, legislative reforms and legal education.
Additionally, Anna is a lecturer at Yerevan State University, Chair for European and International Law/Center for European Studies, where she teaches and publishes in the field of EU External Relations, with a focus on External Trade law. She has obtained her LLM from University College London.
• Advises and manages the projects of legal services to Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) – a US Government related Private Corporation. In particular on three projects in Armenia in specific with respect to a lending to local Universal Credit Organization for the purposes of provision of mortgage loans to local borrowers, consulted among the team of lawyers with respect to a lending to a hotel complex for the purposes of renovation and restructuring and with respect to a financing of the purchase of a major Hydro Power Plant by a US energy company.
• Acted as counsel for KfW (German development bank) in the negotiations in relation to granting of collateral for a loan extended by KfW to ArmRusGasprom CJSC. Advised KfW on Energy Law matters, and reviewed the collateral arrangements in the interests of KfW.
• Advised European Investment Bank on a number of loan extensions to Armenian finance and regulatory institutions with respect to compliance with Armenian legislation.
• Provides continuous consulting to Mary Kay Inc. and Mary Kay Armenia on Armenian market entry requirements, procedures, business operation, licenses and risks, including on matters of labor and employment, sales force management, import and customs clearance, application of Eurasian Customs Union rules on the territory of Armenia, trade and taxation, etc.;
• Consulted Unibank OJSC Armenia in its processes of Initial public offering in particular drafting of the Prospectus and its presentation and registration with the Central Bank,
• Consults C-Quadrat Ampega Asset Management Armenia (a subsidiary of C-Quadrat Investment AG, Austria, and Talanx Asset Management GmbH, Germany) on market entry, company establishment matters and implementation of new businesses, obtainment of respective permits and licenses from CBA, advised on pension law and investment fund regulation matters in Armenia, maintaining relations with Central Bank of Armenia, Central Depository and other stakeholders.
• Acts as the main contact person of the firm with respect to referrals by international law firms and supervises the outreach activities of the firm.
Trilingual in Armenian, Russian and English and is improving her French skills