Tatul Khudatyan is a partner in K&P Law firm since its establishment in 2004. He is a highly regarded attorney on the Armenian market with an established record in real estate and banking transactions.
Tatul represents and advises multinationals, industry associations and government authorities. He handles complex legal and interdisciplinary issues confidently, often involving highly focused knowledge in several related areas of law and policy and affecting the business of the client on the Armenian market. He has built up a solid expertise in broad range of legal matters within the real estate industry, construction, and investments. He specializes in all aspects of real estate development and acts for public and private sector, land owners, investors, debt financiers, developers and contractors through contractual joint ventures, project agreements, development management agreements and funding documents direct and indirect. He is also advising leading television and radio broadcasters, telecommunication and IT companies in matters related to software licensing, including regulatory and intellectual property issues. His experience also includes advice on mergers and acquisitions and participation in infrastructure and privatization projects.
He has previously practiced commercial banking law at the HSBC Bank CJSC and later has joined the ‘Armenia Telephone Company’ (ArmenTel) CJSC as Head of Real Estate Listing and Management Division. Prior to joining the Karakhanyan & Partners Mr. Khudatyan has also practiced at ‘Harutiunian & Associates’ Law Office.
• Advises Majid Al Futtaim Holding Dubai (operating Carrefour Supermarket in Armenia) on its market entry, company registration, corporate structures, lease of commercial premises, food safety standards, licenses and other matters.
• Advises Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) – a US Government related Private Corporation carrying out loan transactions outside the United States, on three projects in particular with respect to a lending to local Universal Credit Organization for the purposes of provision of mortgage loans to local borrowers, acted as local counsel with respect to a financing extended to a local hotel complex managed by an international brand for the purposes of renovation and restructuring, and acted as local counsel for OPIC with respect to a financing of the purchase of a major Hydro Power Plant by a US energy company.
• RENCO CJSC (Italy) – Italian engineering construction Services Company investing in development projects in Armenia and carrying out a number of public and private construction projects, represented in negotiations with State authorities on the matters of legal documents necessary for the implementation of the investment project and obtaining construction and engineering licenses, counseling and drafting of investment agreements, public land sale/purchase contracts, and other agreements between the Company and the State;
• Caldera Resources Inc. – Diamond, gold and base metals exploration and Development Company, headquartered in Canada engaged in exploration and development of properties in Australia and South-East Europe, provided due diligence of title documents and property exploration licenses and certificates; advised regard to signing a joint venture agreement with Global Gold Corporation for the development of the Marjan Gold-Silver Deposit in Armenia; comprehensive legal counseling in transactions of share purchase, corporate incorporation and registration in Armenia.
• Provided consulting to HSBC Bank Armenia –with respect to preparation and public registration of the security documents for more than 200 private customers; full legal assistance in loan transactions, including legal counselling on domestic legal aspects of the transactions.
• Consulted Valletta LLC – a large food producing and distributing corporation in Armenia, which also includes the SFC fast food chain, production of “Biella” meat products, “Premier” coffee, importer of a number of food products. Services rendered included legal counseling and advisory in corporate, tax, labour, intellectual property, as well as antitrust matters; preparation of legal documents for real property transactions and local normative acts;
• Several years of consulting to Star Divide CJSC – a company operating one of the major chains of supermarkets throughout the Republic, including legal assistance of current activities of “Star” supermarket network directed at infrastructure development and regulation; legal counseling of Star Divide shares purchase agreement with EBRD and advisory in corporate, tax, labour, intellectual property, antitrust matters;
• Consulted Sovrano LLC – a major Armenian corporation with respect to current activities of the company pertaining to import and distribution of different products, legal consulting on trademark matters and anti-trust practices.
• Advised Shant TV – one of the top telecommunication (TV) companies broadcast within Armenia, as well as in Europe, the United States of America, Russia and CIS countries, Middle East and Gulf region, including on preparation of international license agreements, TV program airtime license agreements and trademark matters;
Membership and qualification
Member of the Armenian Bar Association
PhD in Phsycology
Armenian, Russian, and English